Saturday, April 9, 2016

The Bruins decline was not a surprise to me

Here is an email I sent to both WEEI (93.7FM) and 98.5 (The Sports Hub) on October 9, 2015. What happened to the Bruins this year came as no surprise to me. 

Here is the email. 

I'm going to take my time to dump on the Bruins now. The reason being that by the end of October they will be irrelevant on the ice. The only sports talk radio after that (maybe before) will be when to dump Julien and Neely.

They are a complete and total disaster. This is not an abberation. Their skill players are good hockey players (Bergeron, Krejc Eriksson, Marchand) but not elite scores. When the Bruins had a defense and were good they at least had someone who resembled a scorer in Recci, Horton or Iginla type. Last night they had Zac Rinaldo play only 2 less minutes David Pastrnak last night.

Their new forwards Connolly, Hayes, Belesky and Rinaldo just plain blow. I watch a lot of out of market games. The way they played last night is who they are. Zero offensive skill for a team that is going to have to score a ton of goals to win. Don't even get me started on their 4th line which has been a historical struggle for the B's.

My only regret is I am going to be hearing and reading for the near future that things will change once Chara and Seidenberg come back. I will agree that they will help this deplorable defensive group (they can't be worse if they had one leg) but they are a shell of their former selves. Age and wear an tear have greatly reduced their effectiveness. The sad part is when they come back they both are going to have to play 26-28 minutes a night. And then they will break down again. You tell me which defensemen you would want.

2015-162010-11
Torey KrugZdeno Chara
Adam McQuaidDennis Seidenberg
Joe MorrowJohnny Boychuck
Kevan MillerAndrew Ference
Matt IrwinAdam McQuaid
Zach TrotmanThomas Kaberle

I'll repeat what I said yesterday, the worst Bruins team since 1996-97.

Also, play a little game. Here is the Bruins schedule thru Thanksgiving. See what you think their record will be. I'm guessing (6-16).


DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Thu, Oct 8WinnipegL
Sat, Oct 10Vs MontrealL
Mon, Oct 12vs Tampa BayL
Wed, Oct 14at ColoradoL
Sat, Oct 17at ArizonaW
Wed, Oct 21vs PhiladelphiaL
Fri, Oct 23at IslandersL
Tue, Oct 27vs ArizonaW
Fri, Oct 30at FloridaL
Sat, Oct 31at Tampa BayL
Tue, Nov 3vs DallasW
Thu, Nov 5at WashingtonL
Sat, Nov 7at MontrealL
Sun, Nov 8at IslandersL
Thu, Nov 12vs ColoradoW
Sat, Nov 14vs DetroitW
Tue, Nov 17vs San JoseL
Thu, Nov 19vs MinnesotaL
Sat, Nov 21vs TorontoW
Mon, Nov 23at TorontoL
Wed, Nov 25at DetroitL
Fri, Nov 27vs RangersL

No comments:

Post a Comment